Hilton Head Island's Stoney-Baynard Ruins consist of the remnant of the tabby plantation house, the tabby foundations of two slave cabins, and the tabby chimney of the kitchen.
Captain John "Saucy Jack" Stoney began construction of his house in 1793, as part of the Braddock Point Plantation that produced sea island cotton. William Edings Baynard purchased it in 1845, but the family fled when Union soldiers arrived in 1861. It burned in 1867.
GPS: N 32°07.737 and W 80°48.840
Address: 87 Plantation Dr., Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
Accessibility: The ruins are located in Baynard Park in Hilton Head's Sea Pines Plantation, which costs $6 to enter. The park sits in a subdivision on Plantation Drive past Baynard Cove Road and Marsh Drive. There is a small parking lot, facing a hill that leads to the ruins.
For more information, go to http://www.exploreseapines.com/historical-sites.asp.