A remnant of a tabby outbuilding that was part of Riverside Plantation sits on Landsend Woodland property on St. Helena Island, SC. The standing wall has two windows.
Riverside Plantation belonged to Daniel Jenkins, who married Isabella Field in 1805. Isabella inherited the plantation after her husband’s death, and through her four marriages, she acquired five plantations. In the 1920s Gullah natives of St. Helena purchased the property and formed the Landsend Woodland Club. Riverside Plantation was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988 (see South Carolina Department of Archives and History).
GPS: N 32°18.982 and S 80°38.623
Address: Lands End Woodland Beach, St. Helena Island, SC 29920. Lands End Woodland is an unpaved road that extends from Lands End Road to the shoreline.
Accessibility: Landsend Woodland is private property that is occasionally open to the public, most notably during the annual Lands End Woodland River Festival. For more information, see Landsend Woodland.